Sunday

Happy Father's Day



A Few Thoughts on Father’s Day

(For a Simply Snickers prompt on “father” and “find,” a Slice of Life prompt on "my father" and a Sunday Scribblings prompt on "guide")

“It is a wise child that knows his own father.”
Homer

“It is a wise father that knows his own child. “
William Shakespeare

 
“One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.”
George Herbert

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."
Henry Ward Beecher

“When I was a boy of 14,
my father was so ignorant
I could hardly stand to have the old man around.
But when I got to be 21,
I was astonished at how much
the old man had learned in seven years.”
Mark Twain

Click here to read “Leading Without Pleading,”
my tribute to my own father.
Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. really liked your post - i'm a quotation freak --- it's like an expansion of the book of proverbs when you read good ones --- thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete