Monday

A Thistle's Epistle

Posted for a variety of prompts:
Manic Monday “best way to relieve tension”)
Odd Shot Monday (photo/s)
Scenic Sunday (photo/s)
Seek the Lord Sunday (open topic)
Slice of Life Sunday (“writer’s choice – what life memory moves you today?”)
Sunday Scribblings (“miracle”)
Today’s Flowers (photo/s)

Weekend Snapshot (photo/s)
Wordless Wednesday - Monday edition (photo/s)

Photo c2008 by Nickers and Ink


"Behold, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things
will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.”
(Isaiah 65:17, NIV)


A Thistle’s Epistle
(Weeds of Thought from the Ultimate Transformer)

Three miracles the Maker wrought
That cancel out our highest thought:
He meets our needs,
Brings blooms from weeds
And all our failings He has bought.


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful flower. Good quotation.
    Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to go out and see what's happening in my sadly neglected garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thistles are often considered weeds around here, but they are still nice flowers, with a very simple quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. I enjoyed it. The garden is beautiful.

    My flowers are at Thunder Maker

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great and I really enjoyed the quotes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice display of the lowly thistle making it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen thistle around here but I love the color of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photo!

    My manic Monday answers are here:
    http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/09/manic-monday-133.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love thistles, they grow very high in the Alps!
    Thank you and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post. The thistle is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful! I love them but I'm allergic...lol...a picture I can enjoy without sneezing :)

    ReplyDelete