Wednesday

New Year Oddness

New Year Oddness


Let’s try a bit of Wednesday Weirdness today. The posted questions are listed here in bold type, and my responses are in italics. (CTRL-Click on any links to open those items in new windows.)


1. Why do you keep a blog?


I love to write. Actually, I have several blogs. Please feel free to visit any and all of them. In fact, how about signing up to be a blog follower, so you can keep up with my prolific posts?


Heart of a Ready Writer – daily devotional and Bible reading

Nickers and Ink – poetry and humor

Practically at Home – home and family

The Mane Point – horses

The Meme Express – daily blogging prompts

Simply Snickers – weekly poetry prompts


2. Who is one long lost blogger you wish would come back?


I’m not sure I could list a missing blogger, but I surely do appreciate my ongoing faithful blog visitors, particularly when they leave comments!


3. If you made a New Year's Resolution, did you break it already? If you did not make one, why?


Although I generally avoid New Year’s Resolutions, I did decide to take a stand this year. Want to know what my New Year’s Resolution is?


My New Year’s Resolution is to read the Bible every day and to read through the entire Bible in chronological order in 2009.


Would you like to read along with me? Come on in, and join me at The Heart of a Ready Writer. I would welcome the encouragement of a comment now and then too!


4. People who still have their outside Christmas lights up. Festive or Lazy? Discuss.


Twelfth Night (January 6th) was yesterday. For many cultural traditions, that’s the official end of the Christmas season. Plenty of folks keep their Christmas lights up and on until January 6th each year.

I took ours down on Sunday, January 4th, right before the kids headed back to school.


5. What is the last annoying song that got trapped in your head?


Today’s blogging prompt at the Meme Express is “Dirty Laundry.” I included a music video for Don Henley and the Eagles’ song, “Dirty Laundry.” Now I simply cannot get that song out of my brain.

Maybe I truly ought to attack the overflowing laundry baskets in our closets.


Related Items:

22 Great Uses for Vinegar

Dirty Laundry – at the Meme Express

Dos and Don’ts for Washing Down

Head First – Fun in the Laundry Chute

Greenback Attack – on Laundering Money

Laundry Lingo – Removing Stubborn Stains

Lightening Laundry Labor


6. Have you ever worn or tried edible underwear? What are your thoughts on it?


Gee, I don’t believe I have. Of course, something seems to be eating single socks at our house. Maybe the mysterious sock eater knows something we don’t.


Bonus: If you could do one bad thing and get away with it, what would you do and why?


I’d probably eat a lot more chocolate. If calories didn’t count, and post-binge migraines posed no threat, I would definitely dive in.



Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through the entire Bible in chronological order.


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts. Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink. Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment