Thursday

Reality Check - 41 Questions for Real Grownups


-->
Reality Check -
41 Questions for Real Grownups
(image snatched from Christine Stoddard)
Tired of all of those silly surveys made up by underage web surfers? Here's a list of questions for those of us who are a bit older.

Feel free to copy and paste the questions into your own blog entry. Tag your friends. Be sure to leave a comment here (at Practically at Home) with a hyperlink to your post.

I’m listing the questions in bold type, with my answers in plain type.

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Over the past couple of years, the gas bill (for the car) has peeved me a bit. Gasoline prices fluctuate so frequently. 

2. Do you miss being a child? Not really. I believe childishness and childlikeness are two very different characteristics. Although I would contend that I left childishness behind a long time ago, I hope to hold onto childlikeness forever.

3. Chore you hate the most?
Laundry is not really my cup of tea. I never minded washing clothes much until I had teenagers . . . and horses. Such laundry can get a little gamey. In fact, we once overflowed an industrial-sized washing machine at a local Laundromat, just washing horse blankets.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Gee, that’s a tough one. It may have been a Valentine’s Day dinner, several years ago.

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
Lately, I’ve been sorting through old photographs. I would surely change some of those dreadful hairstyles. Did we really think we looked stylish and attractive? Also, I would probably try to give myself a better break in the self-perception department. 

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
I think my first grade teacher was Miss Boreham. Now that I think of it, she was fortunate to teach first grade, rather than middle school. Just think what preteens could do with that name. “Miss Boredom! The dog ate my homework.” 

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Right now, I’d love to be digging in my garden, but I overdid it a few days ago, pulling weeds. This morning, I can hardly move. 

8. What did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a writer.

9. How many colleges did you attend? I attended college and graduate school.

10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
This tee shirt has a photo of a running horse that looks amazingly like my beloved mare.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices? See #1.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I don’t use an alarm clock. My own circadian rhythms police that pretty well.

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? “Thank You, God, for another day.”

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? I plead the 5th here.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? No.

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? I already do volunteer.

17. Get up early or sleep in?

In earlier years, I loved to sleep in, but this is truly challenging in adulthood. Between kids and pets and a devotional blog, I am usually up pretty early each day. (CTRL-click here to visit Heart of a Ready Writer.)


18. Who is your favorite cartoon character? Not sure.

19. Favorite thing to do at night?
I love to crawl into bed with a good book.

20. When did you first start feeling old? This spring, my oldest will graduate from high school. That pretty much says it. 

21. Favorite lunch meat Pass the peanut butter and jelly, please. (See #2.)

22. What do you get every time you go to Wal-Mart? Besides hot flashes in the long checkout lines?

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Nope. Ask me in another 23 years.

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Is this a trick question?

25. What's your favorite drink? Iced tea with lemon.

26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to? “The Scouts.” (Nope, we were not official scouts. This was altogether different.)

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? KLOVE – Christian and family radio

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives? How about House or Cold Case?

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? I plead the 5th again.

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? Gee, tough one. I am self-employed.

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes? Yes.

32. Last book you finished reading? Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen.

33. Do you have a teddy bear? No, but I have horses. Does that count?

34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? I once brushed my teeth in a bathroom of a truck stop in Nebraska, on a youth group bus trip to Colorado. Fuzzy morning teeth are a pet peeve, so I carried by toothbrush and toothpaste in my purse.

35. Do you go to church? Yes. I love our church!

36. How old are you? Old enough to plead the 5th again.

37. Has your life turned out the way you thought it would? Absolutely not. Actually, that may be a good thing.

38. What age are you looking forward to? The end of the age.

39. What is the coolest thing about your life right now? Seeing my kids growing and gaining confidence, character and capabilities.

Riding my young horses for the first time. 

40. What friend have you had the longest? Not sure.

41. What do you hope changes in the next phase of your life? Waiting for divine healing or a cure.

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through theBible in chronological order.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment