Monday

What's the Good Word? Do You Swear?


Has the Bible been replaced by the dictionary? In a Kingston, New York, courtroom, it has.

Yesterday (January 3rd), the Honorable Donald A. Williams took the oath as Ulster County judge, placing his right hand on a dictionary, instead of the traditional Holy Scriptures. Apparently, the court officials were unable to locate a Bible for the former district attorney to use for his swearing-in ceremony.

Maybe the Ulster County court staffers could have stopped in a local hotel room on the way to the judge’s swearing-in proceedings to borrow  a Gideon Bible.

What is worth more, after all, a book of many words or a book that is The Word? And what would the One True Judge have to say about the last-minute substitution in Ulster County, New York?

Add to Technorati Favorites

I'm in a Race This Month ...


Starting this month ... I'm participating in a page view race on Associated Content. Will you help me (and my team, INKING IT OVER) to win by reading some of the items I have published on AC? You can also subscribe/follow (for free), if you wish, so you will receive email notifications every time I post a new article. (Click here - to access my table of contents page.) Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment