Saturday

L is for Lamenting over Lingering Laundry



L is for Lamenting over Lingering Laundry


Alas, it’s the weekend. OK, I love weekends as much as anybody else. But the onset of the weekend means it’s time to address the ever-present laundry situation.
Teenagers in the house.

You get it. Lots of laundry.
Sometimes I wonder if dirty laundry is somehow genetically related to rabbits, multiplying fast enough to send any rational person’s head a-whirl.

So here we are on any given weekend, fighting for our turns with the washer and dryer.

Yes, I’m abundantly grateful that we have these marvelous automated laundry appliances conveniently installed in our family home. My college and early career days may have tumbled into dusty memories, but I still recall trying to read stuffy textbooks in crowded public Laundromats.

I appreciate the fact that our laundry equipment actually works. We’ve had plenty of washer and dryer machinery mishaps before.

And I am pleased beyond measure that the tide has turned. (OK, that was a bad one.) My kids are capable of tackling their own wash loads, even if they don’t always follow through on laundry they start.

Have you ever tried to start a load of laundry, only to find a long-standing damp load in the washer? 

So much for economizing on electricity and laundry detergent or conserving water. That laundry load has to re-run.

How about finding a big pile of clothing left in the dryer, all crumpled and sad looking?

I heard a sweet solution for that problem. Dampen a clean bath towel with fresh tap water, and toss it into the dryer with the rumpled items. Run the dryer, and watch the wrinkles disappear.

Gee. I wonder if that would work with the pile of wrinkled items in my ironing basket.

Bing! Sounds like another laundry load is ready to fold.
Image/s:
Doing the Family Laundry
 vintage artwork
 Graphics Fairy


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment